Unfortunately, as an existing customer, you cannot port the number of another provider directly when you activate the Voice option in the customer account on your existing SIM card.
Once you activate Voice on your existing SIM, outgoing calls and SMS will also be activated for your associated number and you will keep the number of your Digital Republic data subscription. (Default 077 xxx xx xx number)
You can find your current number like this: Where can I find the SIM phone number?
In case you still want to keep the number of your current telephony provider, you will need a new SIM card. Proceed as follows:
- Order a new SIM card, see: How can I order an additional SIM card?
- Now turn off the "automatic renewal" of your old SIM card, see: How can I manage, deactivate or pause my subscription in the cockpit?
- Once you have received the new SIM card, you can add it to your existing customer account: How can I add another SIM to my account?
- Now you have to indicate that you want to activate the voice option, at the end of Step 1. Please note that you can only transfer the number to us if you activate the voice option. (Answer "Yes" to the Voice Option)
- Now you have to specify if your existing number is bound to a subscription of your previous provider or if it is a prepaid number.
For subscription numbers:
If you have a subscription with a certain contract period with your previous provider, there are two possible scenarios:
- Your subscription with your existing provider has expired. In this case, we can apply for your number porting immediately. How quickly this happens depends on your old provider.
- Your subscription with your existing provider is still running and you want to port your number. Here you have two options:
- You can wait until your minimum contract period has expired and your number will be ported after the expiration of your contract.
- You would like to port your phone number immediately to start your new subscription with Digital Republic. In this case, we will arrange with your previous provider for an early termination and thus for the porting of your number. Please note that there may be a charge from your previous provider. Note: How much does it cost to switch to Digital Republic?
For prepaid numbers:
In case your previous provider is a prepaid number, your number can be ported directly to us and you can start using your new voice option immediately after porting approval.