(source: help.mikrotik.com, translated: Google & Deepl)
Please follow these quick steps to set up your device:
- Connect your computer to one of the Ethernet ports, usually its first Ethernet port;
- Connect any antennas or accessories that are needed;
- Insert the SIM card if required;
- Connect your device to the power source, mostly power adapter comes with the package. For outdoor devices, we recommend using power over Ethernet;
- When the device is powered on you will be able to connect to it with your web browser https://192.168.88.1, there are several ways to configure the device, the Winbox configuration tool, WebFig configuration, and Mobile application;
- Factory configurations are different for each model, keep in mind that there are devices where all access is blocked by a firewall through Ethernet port, and you have to connect to the wireless network to access your router;
- We recommend clicking the “Check for updates” button on the right side and updating your RouterOS software to the latest version to ensure the best performance and stability;
- To personalize your wireless network, SSID can be changed in the fields “Network Name”;
- Choose your country on the left side of the screen in the field “Country”, to apply country regulation settings;
- Set up your wireless network password in the field “WiFi Password” the password must be at least eight symbols;
- Set up your router password in the bottom field “Password” to the right and repeat it in the field “Confirm Password”, it will be used to login next time;
- Click on the “Apply Configuration” to save changes.
More detailed information on configuration here.
Device does not power on
Try a different compatible power supply and/or PoE injector.
Device does not boot up
Try loading backup RouterBOOT:
If the device fails to boot up, try the Netinstall tool to reinstall the device.
Cannot connect to the device
Try using a different port to ensure that you are not using the Default configuration’s WAN port. Make sure that the port/ethernet cable is not physically damaged.
Unable to Netinstall the device
Make sure that your setup is correct. Try putting a router or a switch between your computer and the device. More information is here.
Device reboots under load
Try a different power supply. Upgrade RouterOS to the latest Stable version. Reset RouterOS configuration to defaults /system reset-configuration.
Device reboots without any load
Upgrade device’s RouterOS to the latest Stable version. Reset RouterOS configuration to defaults /system reset-configuration.
One of Ethernet port is not linking
Try using a new Ethernet cable and PoE injector if PoE IN is used.
One of SFP/SFP+/QSFP port is not linking/low throughput
Make sure both ends of your setup are compatible.
SFP module not working
Make sure that the correct optical cable is used (single-mode/multimode).
SIM card is not recognized
Try a different SIM card and make sure that its orientation is correct. Depending on the slot type, make sure the card has clicked and fixed in place or fully inserted.
LTE does not connect
If the SIM card is recognized, make sure that you have set the correct APN.
Digital Republic APN: APN
LTE connects, but does not let data through
Make sure that you have set the correct APN. Digital Republic APN: APN
Missing LTE interface
Make sure your device is a LTE Kit version and the modem is inserted.
LTE modem is not recognized
Install the latest RouterOS Stable version.
LED is not working
Install the latest RouterOS Stable version, applying the default configuration.
Contact MikroTik support