To protect yourself from spam calls, you can take the following measures:
- Block unwanted calls: Most smartphones offer the option to block certain phone numbers. If you receive calls from a certain number that has been identified as spam, you can block that number to prevent future calls.
- Use a spam filtering app: there are numerous third-party apps that can detect and block spam calls. These apps analyze incoming calls and use databases of known spam numbers to protect you from unwanted calls. Research for such apps in your app store and choose a trusted option.
- Report spam calls: This will allow measures to be taken to combat spam callers. https://www.cybercrimepolice.ch/
- Be careful with your phone number: Be selective about who you give your phone number to, especially for online registrations or sweepstakes. The fewer people who have access to your number, the less likely you are to receive spam calls.
- Avoid sharing your number online: Be careful about posting your phone number online, primarily in public forums, social media or online classifieds. Spambots scour the Internet for phone numbers to use for unsolicited calls.
- Ignore suspicious calls: If you receive a call from an unknown number and there are signs that it might be a spam call (e.g., strange noises, questionable requests), just hang up without responding. Don't answer suspicious questions or give out personal information.
- Use a call ID app: there are apps that can check and display caller IDs even if they are not stored in your contacts. These apps help you identify spam calls before you answer the call.
By following these steps, you can reduce your chances of receiving spam calls and protect yourself from unwanted harassment.