Unfortunately, it is one of the questions to which there is no exact answer. With cellular connectivity, reception can never be fully guaranteed. The connection provided is not the connection actually achieved.
Nevertheless, we dare to make a recommendation:
Internet speed recommendations. These are our recommended internet speeds for streaming service's playback unit megabits per second (Mbps) (as of October 2022).
|Application||SD||HD||4K / UHD|
|Teleboy||5 Mbps||10 Mbps||20 Mbps|
|Netflix||6 Mbps||10 Mbps||20 Mbps|
|Zattoo||3 Mbps||6 Mbps||10 Mbps (Full-HD)|
|Name(s)||Resolution in Pixels|
|High Definition (HD)||1280 x 720|
|Full HD, FHD||1920 x 1080|
|2K, Quad HD, QHD||2560 x 1440|
|4K, Ultra HD||3840 x 2160|
Manage bandwidth usage
If the bandwidth or data usage at the location does not reach, you can set the video quality to Low or Medium for lower data consumption.
Facebook Live recommends a minimum bitrate of 4 Mbps, plus a maximum audio bitrate of 128 Kbps.
YouTube Live recommends a range between 1.5 and 4 Mbit/s for video, plus 128 Kbit/s for audio.
Twitch recommends 3 Mbit/s for video, plus up to 160 Kbit/s for audio.
livespotting recommends a range for bitrates of 2 Mbit/s for HD and 6 Mbit/s for standard 1440p QHD video.
It's always better to have a stable stream than to aim for higher video quality, which can cause picture dropouts.
What can you do to improve the reception?
More tips for a faster connection
- Use the connection exclusively for the Stream.
- If the connection is a bit slow, avoid additional loads on the line e.g. by a public WLAN for guests or your company.
- Remove unnecessary devices from the network.
- Remove malware, use an ad blocker.
- Malware, ads and online tracking can take up some of your upload bandwidth.
- Deactivate VPN, if you are using one